WIPO International Conference on Innovation and Creativity of Women in Science and Business for Economic Development will take place in Warsaw, on March 25 and 26, 2010. The event is organized by WIPO, in cooperation with the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland and the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
The main purpose of the event is to further raise awareness of the innovative and creative potential of women and exchange good practices of IP policies aimed at mobilizing this potential in science and business.
The Conference will also have the following specific objectives
- promoting innovation, creativity and intellectual property rights (IPRs) as a powerful tool for economic development;
- promoting the innovative and creative work of women in science and business;
- developing a platform for the exchange of knowledge and experiences among women on IP-related issues;
- developing human resources among women on IP-related issues;
- building partnerships between government, business and science;
- acknowledging existing and encouraging new initiatives for promoting innovation, creativity and IPRs among women.
The Conference will be covered by five themes
- Topic 1: Why Women in Science and Business? The Innovative and Creative Potential of Women in a Globalized and Knowledge-Based Economy;
- Topic 2: How to Stimulate the Use of the Innovative and Creative Potential of Women in Science and Business? The Role of Education;
- Topic 3: How to Stimulate the Use of the Innovative and Creative Potential of Women in Science and Business? The Role of International, Regional and National Policy-Makers and Associations
- Topic 4: How to Finance the Innovative and Creative Work of Women? From Idea to Business
- Topic 5: The Role of Intellectual Property in a Knowledge-Based Economy
More then 200 participants from all over the world are expected to attend the event. They will represent policy makers responsible for innovation, science and research, gender issues, regional development, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and entrepreneurship, as well as representatives of academia, business associations and civil society.
On the first day, the Conference will take place in the Hotel Sheraton:
Ul. B. Prusa 2
On the second day, the event will take place at the Warsaw Stock Exchange:
Ul. Książęca 4
Contact person Mr. Ryszard Frelek, Division for Certain Countries in Europe and Asia, Tel: +41 22 338 8907