President, The International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organizations (IFFRO), Brussels
Magdalena Vinent is Chief Executive of CEDRO since 2000. She is also President of IFRRO since October 2008. She has been a member of the Board of Directors of IFRRO since 2002 and she held the position of Vice President of IFRRO during the years 2006 to 2008. She is a member of the Royal Board of the National Library of Spain since 2010.
She has a degree in Hispanic Philology and a graduate degree in Librarianship. All her professional experience has been within the book sector. In the past she was in charge of the organization and management of librarian services. She led several programs to promote books, reading and literary creation. She also established a cooperation program between the libraries in the different regions of Spain; as well as in several countries in Latin America.
Magdalena has occupied different senior positions, at several public organizations, such as:
- Deputy Director of Spanish Public Libraries, at the Ministry of Culture of Spain, from 1996 to 2000
- Technical Director of the Spanish National Library, from 1995 to 1996
- Director of the Culture Department, of Cervantes Institute, from 1994 to 1995
- Director of the Center of Spanish Literature, at the Ministry of Culture of Spain, from 1991 to 1994.
- Head of libraries and book service in the Region of Madrid, from 1984 to 1991.