Mr. Dipendra Manocha is working as the Developing countries coordinator and Lead of Training and Tech Support with the DAISY Consortium. He is member of the Executive Committee of the World Blind Union. He is managing trustee of the Saksham Trust. He worked as Asst. Project Manager for the DAISY For All Project. He is the elected president of the DAISY Forum of India. He worked as Director IT & Services at the National Association for the Blind, New Delhi, India from 1993 till July 2008. He also worked as consultant to the Delhi University for establishing the resource centre for persons with disability. After completion of post graduation and research degree from Delhi University he left the Ph.D. in between to work for the mission of providing information and content in accessible format to persons with print disability. During the past decade of work he has managed or coordinated several technological development or implementation projects such as:
- Establishment of IT training facility for persons with blindness.
- Development of Hindi Language Braille transcription software
- Establishment of DAISY Resource Centre in India under the Daisy for All Project to introduce DAISY Standards in South Asian countries.
- Setting up of DAISY Focal Points in 4 South Asian Countries
- Establishment of Digital library for print disabled.
- Content Creation Project for University books in Braille, E-Text and Talking Books format being supported by Ministry of Information and communication Technology, Government of India.
- Development of Screen Reading Software for Indian Languages.
- Establishment of equipment distribution centre for persons with blindness
- Audio Description of films
- Providing IT based work place solutions for persons with blindness or low vision.
During this period he has held the following posts:
- Chairman Youth Committee of the Asian Blind Union
- Chairman ICT Access Forum of India
- Member of the core group on Accessibility under the office of Chief commissioner for persons with disability, government of India
- He is selected as Ashoka Fellow and recognised as a social entrepreneur
- National Award by government of India for contributions for community development in the area of disability in 2005
- IIM Lucknow Lakshmipat Singhania National Leadership award 2008 given by the president of India 2007.