António Serge de Pinho Campinos
- Degree in Law, by the University of Montpellier, France; Post Graduation in European Studies, by the European University Centre (University of Nancy, France); Master in Public Law, by the University of Montpellier, France.
- President of the Directive Council of the Portuguese Institute of Industrial Property (INPI) since 2005; President of the Administrative Council of the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) since 2008.
- President of the Working Group on the Legal Development of the Madrid System (WIPO) since 2005.
- Trademarks Director at the Portuguese Institute of Industrial Property (2000)
- Assistant of the Secretary of State Assistant to the Minister of Economy (1998)
- Jurist at the bank Caixa Geral de Depósitos (CGD) CGD/Caixa Geral de Aposentações (1995)
- Chairman of the Working Group on Industrial Property during the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union (2007)
- Director of the Trademark Department of the Portuguese Industrial Property Institute from 2000 until 2005.
Session 5: Theme 5; Trademark and Design Registration Services and the IP Infrastructure – How can we Enhance Registration and Information services?
Title: “Co-Create the Trademarks and Designs Registration System to strengthen its value and its use”
Considering that the access to the information is each time easier, faster and cheaper, the companies and the citizens have come to acquire an intervention capacity, as never before. Considering that Trademarks and Designs are not an exception to this reality, it is crucial to reinvent solutions compatible with these aspirations.
In Portugal, the involvement of stakeholders, in a Co-Creative logic, has allowed to find answers that strengthened the quality and the value of the System. As an example, we can highlight the development of digital platform that carries out all the acts of the rights life cycle, the definition of a more attractive fee policy and the availability of integrated and innovative search tools.