The fees to be paid to obtain an international registration comprise:
- A basic fee;
- A supplementary fee (depending on the number of classes of goods and services to be protected); and a complementary fee (depending on the number of designated Contracting Parties), or
- Individual fees depending on the designated Contracting Parties.
If your Office of origin is in a Least Developed Country (LDC), in accordance with the list established by the United Nations, you benefit from a 90 percent reduction in the basic fee for your international application.
Fees must be paid in Swiss francs (CHF) and via one of the following payment methods:
- Debit from a WIPO Current Account
- Bank transfer to the WIPO bank account
- Postal transfer to WIPO postal account (within Europe only)
- E-Payment by credit card or through a WIPO Current Account
Further information about the fees under the Madrid system and the payment methods is available under Fees.