In general, all license agreements in respect of an international mark give rise to their recording in the international registry. However, as indicated under item 5 of the form MM13, some Offices have declared that such a recording has no effects in their territory.
A request to record a license should be presented, in one copy, on form MM13 in English, French or Spanish. It may be submitted to the International Bureau by the holder, through the holder’s Office or through the Office of the licensee. The request should be signed by the holder of the international registration or the Office through which it was presented. No supporting documents, such as copies of the license agreement, should be sent to the International Bureau.
For any queries on how to present such a request through an Intellectual Property Office, please refer to « Information concerning National or Regional Procedures Before IP Offices under the Madrid System » or contact the Office in question (Directory of Intellectual Property Offices).
- How to File an Application of International Registration of Mark?
- How to Appoint a Representative Before the International Bureau?
- How to Pay the Fees Directly with the International Bureau?
- Subsequent Designation
- Change in Ownership
- Limitation, Renunciation and Cancellation
- Change in Name and/or Address of the Holder
- Change in Name and Address of a Representative
- Renewal of International Registration