The Assembly of the Madrid Union endorsed at its thirty-seventh (21st Extraordinary) session the recommendation of the ad hoc Working Group on the Legal Development of the Madrid System for the International Registration of Marks that the International Bureau make available to the Offices of Contracting Parties the following five standard forms, which were examined by that Working Group. It is recalled that these are just model forms intended to reflect a common denominator, i.e., the basic applicable requirements under the Common Regulations. Therefore, they may require some adaptation to suit the particular needs of each Contracting Party. The International Bureau is at the disposal of interested Offices with a view to adjusting such forms to their individual requirements.
For full background information on the standard forms, please refer to document MM/LD/WG/2/6.
- Provisional refusal of protection [PDF]
- Confirmation or withdrawal of a provisional refusal [PDF]
- Information relating to possible oppositions [PDF]
- Statement of grant of protection [PDF]
- Ceasing of effect of the basic application, of the registration resulting therefrom, or of the basic registration [PDF]