Lisbon Express Structured Search Help
Lisbon Express contains information on all the appellations of origin entered,
in accordance with the Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations
of Origin and their International Registration, in the international register
kept by the WIPO International Bureau.
Simple Search Functionality
The Simple Search page allows you to search for terms occurring in any field. While you can search for terms in other ways, this page is designed to simplify basic searching as much as possible. To use the page:
- Type the term or terms (separated by spaces) you're interested in into the box.
- Choose how the terms you entered are related to one another using the Results must contain: drop-down menu.
Click on the Search button.
- the All of these words option will require documents to contain all of the words you enter. If a document has all but one, it will not be returned.
- the Any of these words option will require documents to contain at least one of the words you enter. Documents which are the most relevant to all of the terms you enter will be at the top of your list.
- the This exact phrase option will require that the terms you entered exist in the document exactly as you have entered them, and in the order you have entered them.
The database will be searched for all the terms you entered, related in the manner you specify, and a list of the ones found in our database will be returned, sorted with the most relevant ones first.
A few things to Note:
- The search is not case-sensitive. Searching for 'Material' or 'material' will return the same results.
- Occurrences of terms you're searching for will occur in any field in the data. If you want to specify field information, you should use the structured search page.