- ensure you use the latest version of the most common browsers. For Internet Explorer, ensure you use version 8 or later;
- ensure Adobe FLASH plug-in is installed in order to upload multiple reproductions at once;
- ensure Acrobat Reader (or a program for reading PDF files) software is installed in order to read the PDF acknowledgement of receipt;
- if filing as representative of the holder/applicant, convert the Power of Attorney, or form DM/7 , into PDF format to be uploaded;
- avoid use of the back and forward buttons in your web browser when within the application;
- in case of a blockage during an urgent filing, users may use the paper form and fax it to the International Bureau of WIPO.
E-Filing Portfolio Manager
- a fully-integrated fee calculator;
- online payment by credit card;
- lower fees for applications accompanied by multi-page reproductions (traditional paper applications are subject to a fee for each page of a reproduction beyond the first page);
- faster application delivery than via traditional methods;
- the ability to save applications in progress;
- real-time checking of some application formalities;
- a personalized "workbench" environment (Portfolio Manager) through a dedicated user account;
- time-saving templates for capturing recurring information from previously-sent applications;
- instant acknowledgment of application receipt (along with application details).
Watch our video tutorials on how to use the E-Filing Portfolio Manager to make your Hague System Application.
Filing an application
For more detailed guidance, with reference to the relevant legal provisions, please read the Hague Guide for Users.