Tips for E-filing
- use Mozilla Firefox (version 4), Opera, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (up to version 6) web browsers;
- avoid use of the back and forward buttons in your web browser as system integrity is not ensured;
- use the E-filing Helper (click on icons (?) (<)) for guidance;
- the following tabs must be completed before submitting the application,-
- tab 1: Applicant’s name, address and e-mail;
- tabs 2 and 3: Entitlement to file and Applicant’s Contracting Party;
- tab 8: Reproduction(s) with the product(s) indication;
- tab 10: Designated Contracting Party(ies);
- tab 13(a): Choice of publication (black and white or color);
- tab 15: Signature;
- tab 16: Summary/Validation.
- the application can be printed after using the print button after submission (tab 16);
- it is not currently possible to save and reuse an application filed through the interface;
- in case of difficulties, users should use the paper form provided for under the Hague Agreement.
Before you file, it is recommended that
- you review the document on How to file an International Application;
- you prepare the reproductions in the format and quality prescribed and in the order in which they will be uploaded (see paragraph 89-107 at DM/1.INF and Information Notice 4/2010);
- if appointing a representative, you convert the Power of Attorney to be attached into PDF format (note: the filing date is not affected if it is not attached at the time of filing).
- the fee calculator automatically calculates the fees, within the online application also, based on the data entered;
- if paying by wire transfer or through a current account include the details in the payment section or, leave that section blank if you intend to pay by credit card; in that case, the International Bureau will contact you by letter to give you the reference number to enable you to enter the credit card details into the e-payment interface (note: the filing date is not affected if payment is not made at the time of the filing).
If you encounter a technical problem or require assistance, please call +41-22-338-9111 and ask for Hague Support or send an e-mail to email@example.com.