- Global Challenges Seminar Series: Innovation, Food Security and Rural Development: Collaboration and Partnership (November 16, 2012)
- How the Private and the Public Sectors Use IP to Enhance Agricultural Productivity (June 14, 2011)
- WIPO Symposium on Future Challenges of International Law: The Way Forward in Patenting Biotechnology (November 25, 2009)
Organized in cooperation with the University of Berne and the World Trade Institute (WTI), this Symposium addressed the interface between biotechnology, IP rights and international trade, and also explored options for the international patent system following the WTO Doha Round. The Swiss National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) presented research conducted in the framework of its International Trade Project on Biotechnology. The program presented case studies on animal and human genetic resources, as well as future challenges regarding the international regulation of IP rights and biotechnology from the WIPO and WTO perspectives.
- WIPO Symposium on Public Policy Patent Landscaping in the Life Sciences (April 7 and 8, 2008)
Organized in cooperation with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, this Symposium included a peer review of a WIPO-FAO Patent Search Project on plant genetic resources for food and agriculture, as well as discussions on patent landscaping in public health.
- WIPO Symposium on Intellectual Property and Life Sciences Regulation (November 16, 2007)
Organized by WIPO in cooperation with the Stockholm Network, this Symposium discussed the IP dimension of protecting regulatory data related to pharmaceutical and agricultural products. It addressed exceptions to patent rights for regulatory processes, the grant of patent term extensions to compensate for regulatory requirements, and the challenge of regulating new technologies – biological pharmaceuticals and diverse approaches to linking patent protection with regulatory approval.