DATE: October 1, 1997
WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANIZATION
Fourteenth Session (13th Ordinary)
Geneva, September 22 to October 1, 1997
adopted by the Conference
1. The Conference was concerned with the following items of the Consolidated Agenda (document AB/XXXI/1 Prov.2): 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29 and 30.
2. The report on the said items, with the exception of items 25 and 26, is contained in the General Report (document AB/XXXI/12).
3. The report on items 25 and 26 is contained in the present document.
4. Mr. André Roch Palenfo (Burkina Faso), Chairman of the Conference, presided over the meetings of the Conference.
ITEM 25 AND 26 OF THE CONSOLIDATED AGENDA:
DESIGNATION OF THE MEMBERS OF THE WORKING GROUP OF THE WIPO PERMANENT COMMITTEE FOR DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION RELATED TO INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY (PC/IP) AND OF THE WORKING GROUP OF THE WIPO PERMANENT COMMITTEE FOR DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION RELATED TO COPYRIGHT AND NEIGHBORING RIGHTS
5. Discussions were based on documents WO/CF/XIV/1 and 2.
6. The Chairman informed the Conference that, following consultations with the coordinators of the various groups, it was agreed to propose to the Conference not to proceed with the designation of the members of the two Working Groups in the present session and to invite the Director General Elect to make proposals concerning the two Working Groups in his draft program and budget for the 1998-1999 biennium.
7. The WIPO Conference unanimously adopted the proposal indicated in the preceding paragraph.
8. The WIPO Conference noted the contents of the Report of the 1997 Session of the WIPO Permanent Committee on Development Cooperation Related to Copyright and Neighboring Rights (PC/CR) (document WO/CF/XIV/2).
[End of document]