CHAPTER III: COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
Rule 11: Credentials Committee
Rule 12: Main Committees and Their Working Groups
Rule 13: Drafting Committee
Rule 14: Steering Committee
(1) The Conference shall have a Credentials Committee.
(2) The Credentials Committee shall consist of seven Ordinary Member Delegations elected by the Conference, meeting in Plenary.
(1) The Conference shall have two Main Committees. Main Committee I shall be responsible for proposing for adoption by the Conference, meeting in Plenary, the substantive provisions of the new Act, the Regulations and any recommendation, resolution or agreed statement referred to in Rule 1(2)(v) and (vi). Main Committee II shall be responsible for proposing for adoption by the Conference, meeting in Plenary, the other provisions of the new Act.
(2) Each Main Committee shall consist of all the Member Delegations.
(3) Each Main Committee may create working groups. In creating a working group, the Main Committee creating it shall specify the tasks of the Working Group, decide on the number of the members of the Working Group and elect such members from among the Member Delegations.
(1) The Conference shall have a Drafting Committee.
(2) The Drafting Committee shall consist of 11 elected members and two ex officio members. The elected members shall be elected by the Conference, meeting in Plenary, from among the Member Delegations. The Presidents of the two Main Committees shall be the ex officio members.
(3) The Drafting Committee shall prepare drafts and give advice on drafting as requested by either Main Committee. The Drafting Committee shall not alter the substance of the texts submitted to it. It shall coordinate and review the drafting of all texts submitted to it by the Main Committees, and it shall submit the texts so reviewed for final approval to the competent Main Committee.
(1) The Conference shall have a Steering Committee.
(2) The Steering Committee shall consist of the President and Vice-Presidents of the Conference, the President of the Credentials Committee, the Presidents of the Main Committees and the President of the Drafting Committee. The meetings of the Steering Committee shall be presided over by the President of the Conference.
(3) The Steering Committee shall meet from time to time to review the progress of the Conference and to make decisions for furthering such progress, including, in particular, decisions on the coordinating of the meetings of the Plenary, the committees and the working groups.
(4) The Steering Committee shall propose the text of any final act of the Conference (see Rule 1(2)(vii)), for adoption by the Conference, meeting in Plenary.