DATE: March 11, 1999
WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANIZATION
STANDING COMMITTEE ON COPYRIGHT
AND RELATED RIGHTS
Geneva, May 4 to 11, 1999
AGENDA ITEM 4: PROTECTION OF AUDIOVISUAL PERFORMANCES
COMPARATIVE TABLE OF PROPOSALS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 28, 1999
prepared by the International Bureau
The Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR), in its first session, recommended, as regards the protection of audiovisual performances, that the International Bureau prepare a comparative table of the proposals submitted by Governments and the European Community as of February 28, 1999, including any revised proposal received before that date.
This comparative table is contained in the Annex. It is based on the following documents:
- SCCR/1/4, containing submissions received after the second session of the former Committee of Experts (June 1998) and by September 30, 1998.
- AP/CE/2/5, containing the proposal from Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Togo and Zambia, (referred to in the Annex as "Certain States of Africa").
- SCCR/1/5, containing the Report on the Regional Consultation Meeting for Asia and the Pacific, held in Shanghai, from October 14 to 16, 1998 (referred to in the Annex as "Certain States of Asia and the Pacific").
- SCCR/1/8, containing a submission by Canada.
- AP/CE/2/2 and SCCR/2/3, containing submissions received from the European Community and its Member States.
- SCCR/2/2, containing the Report on the Regional Consultation Meeting for Countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, held in Geneva, in November 6, 1998 (referred to in the Annex as "Certain States of Latin America and the Caribbean").
- AP/CE/2/3, containing the proposal by the Republic of Korea.
The presentation follows the same organization and titling of subject matters, as used in the Comparative Table prepared for the second session of the Committee of Experts (document AP/CE/2/7), but without the former chapter "XIX. Implementation".