DATE: February 28, 2000
WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANIZATION
AGENDA, DATES, VENUE AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL QUESTIONS OF THE DIPLOMATIC CONFERENCE
prepared by the Director General
1. The Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights recommended at its third session, from November 16 to 20, 1999, that a special session of the Standing Committee should be convened to discuss remaining issues and to assess progress of work with a view to a possible Diplomatic Conference in December 2000, which would consider an international instrument on the Protection of Audiovisual Performances (document SCCR/3/11, paragraph 129.) That meeting will be held on April 11, 12 and 14, 2000.
Agenda of the Diplomatic Conference
2. It is proposed that the draft agenda of the Diplomatic Conference be as set out in the Annex.
3. The said draft is based on the draft Rules of Procedure of the Diplomatic Conference, contained in document IAVP/PM/3 and the agendas of earlier diplomatic conferences held under the auspices of WIPO.
Dates, Venue and Other Organizational Questions of the Diplomatic Conference
4. During its third session, the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights did not make recommendations regarding the dates, venue or other organizational questions concerning the proposed Diplomatic Conference.
5. At the time of finalization of the present document, the International Bureau of WIPO had received no official invitation from any Government to host the Diplomatic Conference. If the Standing Committee would recommend that a Diplomatic Conference should be convened in December 2000, it could be held, with the approval of the General Assembly, at the International Conference Center of Geneva (CICG), for which reservation will have to be made.
6. The Preparatory Committee is invited to comment on the proposal contained in paragraph 2, above, and to decide on the venue and dates of the Diplomatic Conference and on possible further recommendations made by the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights at its session immediately preceding the meeting of the Preparatory Committee.
DRAFT AGENDA OF THE DIPLOMATIC CONFERENCE
1. Opening of the Conference by the Director General of WIPO
2. Consideration and adoption of the Rules of Procedure
3. Election of the President of the Conference
4. Consideration and adoption of the agenda
5. Election of the Vice-Presidents of the Conference
6. Election of the members of the Credentials Committee
7. Election of the members of the Drafting Committee
8. Election of the Officers of the Credentials Committee, the Main Committees and Drafting Committee
9. Consideration of the first report of the Credentials Committee
10. Opening declarations by Delegations and by representatives of Observer Organizations
11. Consideration of the texts proposed by the Main Committees
12. Consideration of the second report of the Credentials Committee
13. Adoption of the Treaty
14. Adoption of any recommendation, resolution, agreed statement or final act
15. Closing declarations by Delegations and by representatives of Observer Organizations
16. Closing of the Conference by the President*
[End of Annex and of document]
* Immediately after the closing of the Conference, the Final Act, if any, and the Instrument will be open for signature