Following the request from Members States, in order to support the use of intellectual property for national economic growth, TDC developed the Study on Economic Aspects of Intellectual Property in Countries with Economies in Transition. The Study was developed in cooperation with international consultants and a group of experts from countries in transition and based on feedback received from Member States.
- covers the main problems and issues connected with the economic aspects of IP;
- considers the general trends observed in the field of IP, from the point of view of an innovation economy;
- identifies special characteristics of these processes in countries with economies in transition;
- in the framework of the outlined purpose, identifies indicators that reflect the economic component of IP and that are the basis for evaluating the connection of the economy with IP; and
- develops some proposals to promote and encourage the use of IP rights for economic development of countries with economies in transition.