The Symposium was organized under the subtitle IP Financing and Monetization – Opportunities during the Global Economic Crisis, and focused on how to attract private sector to financing innovation; the relationship between the private and public sector and their role in the knowledge-based economy; the role of technology transfer; commercialization; as well as insurance of IP.
The sypomasium is part of the series of Annual Symposiums that aims at discussing various aspects of innovation and creativity, their impact on economic, cultural and social development, as well as ways of balancing the IP system to best support these development goals.
- Development of Intellectual Property Policies at Universities and Research Centers, Ryszard Frelek (WIPO)
- Managing the patent risks in technology commercialisation, Colin Hunsley (ClearViewIP)
- Technology Commercialization, Edward Scott (ES technology limited)
- Patent Monetization, Mi-young Han (KWIA & WWIEA)
- Unitary patent, Georg Artelsmair (EPO)
- Innovation Engineering: The Key to Effective Economy, T. Arciszewski, J. Wolf (George Mason University)