- Animals presented for importation, with the exception of those in international transit without reloading, shall be subject to a veterinary health inspection.
- Animals, including those in international transit, may not be imported unless they are accompanied by health documents issued by the official or duly authorized veterinary health authorities of the country of origin and, should needs be, of the authorities of the transit country/countries.
- Health documents shall be checked by the veterinary services prior to the performance of any animal health inspection.
Following the health inspection, the veterinary inspector of the border post shall issue a veterinary health certificate. The customs services shall only allow animals to be removed once this certificate has been produced.
The health documents provided for by Law No. 24-89 shall be:
A health certificate issued by the official or duly authorized veterinary authorities, and attesting to the place of origin or of dispatch and, if need be, of transit, drawn up less than three days prior to the animals’ departure, indicating the number, species and description of the animals, as well as the names and addresses of the consignor and the consignee and confirming that no cases of species-specific contagious diseases have been identified at the place of origin, dispatch or, if need be, transit ().
- Law No. 24-89 enacting veterinary health control measures concerning the importation of animals, animal feed, products of animal origin, animal breeding products and fresh and salt-water products.
- Decree No. 2-89-597 of Rabia II 25, 1414 (October 12, 1993) implementing Law No. 24-89 enacting veterinary health control measures concerning the importation of animals, animal feed, products of animal origin, animal breeding products and salt and fresh-water products.
Direction Regionale de l’ONSSA de Marrakech Tensift Al-Haouz et Tadla Azilal
Imm B, Résidence Hanane 1er étage Angle rue moukawama,
Rue Capitane Arigui Guéliz- Marrakech
(Regional ONSSA Directorate : Marrakesh Tensift Al-Haouz and Tadla Azilal
Building B, Hanane Residence, 1st floor corner of Moukawama Street, Capitane Arigui Guéliz Street – Marrakesh)
Phone (landline): 05 24 42 33 83 / 06 73 99 82 79
Fax: 05 24 42 35 26