The Center believes that mediation should be cost effective. In consultation with parties and mediators, the Center ensures that fees charged in a WIPO procedure are appropriate in light of the circumstances of the dispute.
Mediator's Fees (*)
|0.075% of the value of the mediation, up to a maximum fee of $7,500||
$300-$600 per hour
|$1,500-$3,500 per day|
(*) Indicative rates
- The amount of the administration fee shall be 0.075% of the value of the mediation, subject to a maximum administration fee of $7,500.
- The value of the mediation is determined by the total value of the amounts claimed.
- Where the Request for Mediation does not indicate any claims for a monetary amount or the dispute concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $750 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. The adjustment shall be made by reference to the administration fee that the Center, after consultation with the parties and the mediator, determines in its discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances.
- Any monetary amounts in dispute expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall, for the purposes of calculating the administration fee, be converted to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the official United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of submission of the Request for Mediation.
- These reduced fees apply if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application, holders after publication under the Hague system, the Madrid system, or WIPO Green technology providers or seekers.
Payment Information Details
1. Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
i) Bank transfer:
- Payments in US$: WIPO Account IBAN CH68 0483 5063 0397 8200 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in Euro: WIPO Account IBAN CH33 0483 5048 7080 8200 3, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in CHF: WIPO Account IBAN CH51 0483 5048 7080 8100 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in GBP: WIPO Account IBAN CH65 0483 5048 7080 8200 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, or the names of the parties to the proceeding)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Arbitration and Mediation Center
34 chemin des Colombettes
1211 Geneva 20
(When mailing the check, please mention the paying party and the case reference if available.)
iii) Deduction from WIPO current account
2. Payments in cash will not be accepted.
3. All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.