Managing Intellectual Property, Dispute Prevention and Technology Transfer in Fusion
Organized by Fusion for Energy (F4E), the European Union’s Joint Undertaking for ITER and the Development of Fusion Energy, the European Commission and the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
Barcelona, Monday and Tuesday, November 28-29, 2011
This conference will provide information on intellectual property management, relevant contracts and dispute resolution in energy-related technology transactions. The conference will raise awareness of the management of intellectual property in the area of fusion energy and the opportunities that fusion research may offer for innovation and technology transfer. Dispute prevention and resolution techniques in this area will be analyzed and presented in a simulated mediation case study. Examples of intellectual property generated in fusion and its application in other sectors will be provided.
Leading professionals from companies, universities, law firms and the European Commission, and law firms will present developments of research in the area of fusion and their experience with IP management, intellectual property valuation and dispute resolution.
The Program will consist of sessions devoted to the following subjects:
Intellectual Property Policy in Fusion
- F4E’s approach to Intellectual Property
- From EFDA to DEMO
- Beyond ITER – Fusion Industry Innovation Forum
- Practical issues for the management of Intellectual Property at ITER IO
Industry, Public Research Organizations and Universities experience in IP management
- Intellectual Property management in collaborative research
- JRC-Managing the Intellectual Property for the Commission
- Valorization and Valuation of R&D outputs
Dispute resolution in Collaborative Research
- Dispute Prevention and Resolution – WIPO Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in Practice
- Case study
Practical tools for dealing with IP in Fusion
- The EU Intellectual Property Database
- Dealing with Publications
- Providing advice on IP to SME's
Who should attend?
The workshop is tailored for lawyers, project managers, patent and trademark attorneys and representatives from industry, research institutes, universities and public organizations involved in research and development and technology transfer activities, in particular in the area of energy.
Program information and Registration
Please find here detailed program and registration information. Registration is possible until November 15, 2011.