Africa Bureau - Quadripartite Agreement
Cooperation agreement among:
- the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO)
- the African Regional Centre for Technology (ARCT)
- the African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI)
The purpose of this agreement is to promote cooperation between the four Organizations with a view to increasing the latter's usefulness to the technological development efforts of their member States.
That cooperation will in particular consist in:
- making available the technological information contained in patent documents;
- enhancing their negotiating capabilities for the purpose of improving their negotiating position in technology transfer arrangements where the technology concerned is covered by the subject of industrial property rights.