This training course for patent examiners is organized in cooperation with the National Directorate of Industrial Property, Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining of Uruguay (MIEMDNPI).
Content and Structure
- protection of inventions through patents;
- the examiner’s role in the examination procedure for patenting. Roles and responsibilities;
- general concepts;
- procedural issues before the substantive examination;
- review of substantive examination;
- the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT);
- practice on prior art searches;
- reporting on the state of the art;
- formulating search strategies;
- access to public and private databases;
- case studies and practical exercises;
- the main activities and working tools for patent examiner;
- preparation of search and examination report.