WIPO/MIEMDNPI Training Course on Patent Examination for Latin American Countries (Montevideo, Uruguay)
This training course for patent examiners is organized in cooperation with the National Directorate of Industrial Property, Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining of Uruguay (MIEMDNPI).
Content and Structure
- protection of inventions through patents;
- the examiner’s role in the examination procedure for patenting. Roles and responsibilities;
- general concepts;
- procedural issues before the substantive examination;
- review of substantive examination;
- the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT);
- practice on prior art searches;
- reporting on the state of the art;
- formulating search strategies;
- access to public and private databases;
- case studies and practical exercises;
- the main activities and working tools for patent examiner;
- preparation of search and examination report.