The course is organized in cooperation with the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO).
Content and Structure
- Patent Examination Procedure at the German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- DPMA’s electronic search and archive system DEPATIS: overview and general Introduction
- Biotechnology in Germany: overview on history, status and general IP framework
- Patent applications in the fields of biotechnology and pharmaceutics, incl. patent examination procedure – presentations and practical exercises – (two full days)
- DPMA’s electronic case file ElSA: overview and general introduction, including questions & answers
- Guided walking tour “Follow the footsteps of Scientists, Discoverers and Inventors through the historic city centre of Munich