Registration for this course closed on February 28, 2013.
This course aims to raise awareness of the complex issues involved in protecting and managing intellectual property (IP) for branding. It is a preparatory course designed to precede practical training as regards protection of trademarks, industrial designs and geographical indications.
The course comprises 6 substantive modules and a written final exam:
- Module 1: The Role of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications in the Market
- Module 2: Trademarks, Geographical Indications and Industrial Designs as Financial Assets in support of Branding. Case Reading(s)
- Module 3: Geographical Indications
- Module 4: Industrial Designs
- Module 5: Protection Against Unfair Competition
- Module 6: IP and Development - Lecture on Flexibilities and Public Domain
- Final Exam
Academic support is provided throughout each module by experienced tutors who are expert practitioners in the field of IP.
Final Exam and Certificate
There is a written final exam at the end of this course for which participants are required to compose written responses to a series of questions within a specified timeframe and submit their responses, via electronic mail, to their tutors for marking. Participants are individually contacted regarding modalities for accessing the final exam approximately one week prior to the deadline for completion of the DL-302 course.
Participants who pass the DL-302 final exam are awarded a certificate of completion for the course.
Subscribers should have a general interest in making the best use of IP in marketing and managing intangible assets of the private company. The course targets staff in IP offices and research and development institutions, legal practitioners and university students with knowledge of IP. It is highly recommended that participants who do not have knowledge in IP take the General Course on IP (DL-101).
- Duration - Approx. 120 hours of study time over a period of twelve weeks
- Languages - Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Tuition Fees