This course builds on the concepts presented in DL-001 - Intellectual Property Primer. It provides a more in-depth overview of the fundamentals of IP law, and is considered as indispensable to pursue more advanced courses of study on specific areas of IP law.
The DL-101 course is comprised of the following modules and final exam:
- Module 1: Guide to Studying the Course
- Module 2: Introduction to IP
- Module 3: Copyright
- Module 4: Related Rights
- Module 5: Trademarks
- Module 6: Geographical Indications
- Module 7: Industrial Design
- Module 8: Patents
- Module 9: WIPO Treaties
- Module 10: Unfair Competition
- Module 11: Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- Module 12: IP and Development- The WIPO Development Agenda (New since 2011)
- Module 13: Summary and Discussion on Intellectual Property Rights
- Final Exam
Self-assessment tools are strategically placed throughout each module to assist participants with gauging their respective levels of knowledge and progress, as well as their ability to apply the concepts and facts presented within the course.
Academic support is provided throughout each module by experienced tutors who are expert practitioners in the field of IP.
Final Exam and Certificate
The final exam for this course is comprised of a series of multiple choice questions. A fixed amount of time is allocated for participants to complete and submit the exam on-line. Participants are contacted regarding modalities for accessing the final exam approximately one week prior to the deadline for completion of the DL-101 course.
Participants who pass the DL-101 final exam are awarded an electronic certificate of course completion.
This course is open to individuals who are/will be employed in the field of administration of intellectual property rights; those seeking general knowledge of IP; and those who generate various forms of IP and seek a deeper understanding of the effective management and protection of IPRs.
- Duration - 55 hours over the course of six weeks
- Languages - Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Tuition - free-of-charge