This Master Degree is offered jointly with the WIPO Academy and Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia.
It covers a period of one academic year, full-time (2 semesters) from February 29 to October 26, 2016.
This Master Degree focuses on intellectual property (IP) law, policy and practice in an international context with an emphasis on the Asia-Pacific Region. Subjects covered include:
- General Introduction to IP
- Patents and Biotechnological Inventions
- Copyright and Related Rights
- Trademarks, Domain Names and Geographical Indications
- Industrial Designs and Plant Variety Protection
- Traditional Knowledge and other Emerging Issues, Interface between Antitrust and IP Rights
- IP Management and Commercialization
- Research Project
Upon satisfactory completion of the course, students will receive a Master of Laws (LL.M) in Intellectual Property, jointly awarded by QUT and WIPO.
Prospective students require:
- LL.B. with Hons (4 years); or
- LL.B. plus Graduate Diploma in Practical Legal Training; or
- LL.M or Juris Doctor; or
- LL.B. plus admission as a legal practitioner in Australia or overseas;
- LL.B. plus a non-law Master degree; or
- Bachelor Degree in a discipline other than law (4 years) plus relevant professional work experience in law or intellectual property (engineering, sciences and business administration degrees) which will be assessed upon submission of the relevant documentary evidence.
- Applicants with a Master or a PhD qualification with intellectual property work experience can also apply.
Proof of English proficiency is required. A total of 30 places are available in the program.
Registration for this Master Degree is open up to Monday, November 30, 2015. To apply, send the application form to QUT Admissions, Student Business Services, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Qld, 4059, Australia. Upon assessment of the entry requirements, QUT will send an offer letter to the applicant within approximately two weeks.
WIPO grants scholarships to eight to ten students from developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region who are highly motivated to participate in this course. WIPO scholarships are awarded to government officials and persons working in the public sector such as universities, academies, and research and development institutions. For the WIPO scholarship, apply online as provided in WIPO Scholarships online applications, and contact, if necessary, MIPQUT.email@example.com.