Our Briefings Program is an opportunity for professionals, students and members of the public to learn more about WIPO’s activities and intellectual property.
Briefings are free-of-charge. All costs relating to travel, accommodation, meals and all visa arrangements are the sole responsibility of the visiting group. WIPO is not in a position to offer any financial or administrative assistance in this regard.
A general briefing on WIPO and its activities including questions and answers session is around one hour. More detailed programs may be organized but will not exceed one half day. Morning sessions begin from 10:00 and afternoon sessions from 14:00.
- Requests for a briefing must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the proposed date of your visit.
- The Briefing Request Form must be completed.
- We must receive a list of participants at least two weeks prior to your visit.
- Participants must exchange an identity document for a WIPO visitor’s badge at the WIPO Access Center in order to gain access to WIPO buildings.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate your request but we may not always be able to do so. It may not be possible to modify arrangements once they have been confirmed. Unannounced late arrival may result in the cancellation of the program.
Please go to the WIPO’s Access Center to announce your arrival. The person coordinating your visit will be contacted upon your arrival.
WIPO’s self-service cafeterias are open to the public. Should you wish to make a lunch reservation for your group, please contact ELDORA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the date of your visit and the number of participants. Please note that any lunch arrangements are at your own expense.
Request a briefing (Please send your request at least four weeks in advance.)