The Coordination Office achieves its objectives and fulfills its mandate by undertaking the following activities, amongst others:
- Assists the Director-General in United Nations Common System Efforts – and supports the Director-General and the Chef de Cabinet of WIPO in CEB and its bodies, in particular HLCP;
- Follow the UN Summit on MDGs
- Monitors the work of the UN main committees, namely: second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth committees, UNCITRAL and ECOSOC;
- To monitor the UN dialogue with the Bretton Woods Institutions;
- To follow the Preparatory Committee on the Climate Change Conference for Mexico and the Rio+20 conference on environment.
- Participates in meetings on other global challenges such as: the World Financial Crisis, food crisis, climate change, and public health;
- The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, in respect of the management of marine genetic resources;
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) – particularly on intellectual property and ……………. , It promotes unification of International Trade Law.
- Meetings of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) , namely: the ECOSOC 2010 regular session on Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations, the resumed organizational session and the informal consultations on the Ministerial Declarations
- Intellectual Property and Development;
- Commission on Sustainable Development , which seeks to promote sustainable Development through technical cooperation and capacity building;
- United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII)
- Training of UN diplomats on IP
- Conducts an internship programme