The Madrid Registry is responsible for maintaining the International Registry of trademarks and for the development of the Madrid System.
- Senior Director: David Muls (photo on Flickr)
- Director, Information & Promotion Division: Jongan Kim (photo on Flickr)
- Director, Legal Division : Debbie Roenning (photo on Flickr)
- Director, Operations Division : Asta Valdimarsdottir
- Program 6a: Madrid System (2014/15 Program and Budget )
- Reporting to: DDG Binying Wang
- Sector: Brands and Designs
What we are trying to achieve
Our expected results in 2014/15 are:
- Improved productivity and service quality of Madrid operations
- Wider and better use of the Madrid System, including by developing countries and LDCs
These contribute to WIPO Strategic Goal II: "provision of premier global IP services."
What we do
Our activities include:
- Registration of trademarks, renewals and other changes in the International Registry (Operations Division);
- Provision of legal services in respect of the development and implementation of the Madrid System (Legal Division); and
- Provision of information regarding and promotion of the Madrid System (Information and Promotion Division).