The Development Agenda Coordination Division is responsible for the implementation of the WIPO Development Agenda recommendations.
- Director: Irfan Baloch (photo on Flickr)
- Program 8: Development Agenda Coordination (2014/15 Program and Budget )
- Reporting to: DDG Mario Matus
- Sector: Development
What we are trying to achieve
Our work aims to contribute to the following expected results in 2014/15:
- Mainstreaming of the Development Agenda recommendations in the work of WIPO.
- Enhanced understanding of the Development Agenda by member states, IGOs, civil society and other stakeholders.
These in turn contribute to WIPO's Strategic Goal III: "facilitating the use of IP for development".
What we do
Our activities include:
- Acting as the Secretariat of the Committee on Development and Intellectual Property (CDIP).
- Coordinating the implementation of the Development Agenda recommendations through activities and projects.
- Ensure the effective mainstreaming of the Development Agenda into WIPO programs.
- Enhancing understanding of the Development Agenda principles by member states and other interested parties.