Global Databases Division
The Global Databases Division is responsible for the implementation and operation of WIPO's public global databases, namely PATENTSCOPE, the Global Brand Database and the Global Design Database. We are also responsible for developing tools to enhance worldwide access to IP data, in particular linguistic tools such as WIPO Translate and CLIR.
Our activities include:
- Performing the legal weekly publication of PCT applications in PATENTSCOPE.
- Keeping the national IP data collections already included in WIPO's global databases up-to-date.
- Adding further national IP data collections to WIPO's global databases and enriching them whenever possible to obtain fully searchable records.
- Creating and administering PCT electronic products for subscribers.
- Maintenance of WIPO Lex - WIPO's on-line database of intellectual property legislation and treaties, as a free and universal source of IP legal information.
- Directing and coordinating WIPO's research and development work for applying advanced technologies.
Further details available in the latest Program and Budget Report.